I have two little ones. They’re 3 and (almost) 7. They both have their own tablets. We’ve gone through and had to try and figure out what apps are appropriate and which are not. I had a reader ask me what games and apps are kid appropriate and so I’ve decided that I’ll make a couple of different lists for my readers!
These are all games that I’ve downloaded and played MYSELF before letting my children play them. I highly suggest that parents reading this do the same before letting their children blindly play video games.
These are all free apps that my children love to play:
1. Angry Birds/Bad Piggies
– This includes the Star Wars, Space and just about every Angry Birds game. My 3 year old loves Bad Piggies (Some of the Angry Birds games aren’t free. However their are free versions of them!)
– This is a simple dot matching game that even I enjoy playing!
3. Pet Rescue Saga
– This is a block matching game and you have to rescue the pets from the “evil pet snatchers”
4. My Little Pony
– You have to rebuild Ponyville and it has fun little mini-games.
5. Doodle Jump
– A basic platformer.
6. Fruit Ninja
– You cut fruit and try to not slice the bombs!
-Yes. Tetris. I don’t feel like I need to explain this one at all. Yay tetris!
8. Hay Day
– A farming game where you collect eggs/crops/milk etc and sell it to the locals and/or use it in recipes.
9. Candy Crush
– Another matching game that everyone is obsessed with.
10. Temple Run 2
– This game is considered an “action” game but you’re basically just running from the temple and swipe to avoid falling off the edge.
What app games do your children love?